Batteries are a vital component of solar energy storage systems, offering the stability and consistency that can make all the difference in your application. In this blog post, learn about the many benefits of using a smart lithium battery for your solar energy storage system: high performance and safety.
What is Lithium Battery?
Lithium batteries are defined as batteries that employ non-aqueous electrolyte solutions and anode materials made of lithium metal or lithium alloys. Lithium batteries and lithium-ion batteries are different in that the former are primary batteries, and the latter are rechargeable batteries.
Lithium batteries also have a longer life than traditional batteries due to their low self-discharge rate and ability to store greater energy.
The Benefits of Lithium Battery in Solar Energy Storage Systems:
- High energy density: It varies depending on the electrode material and can reach 150–200Wh/kg (540–720kJ/kg) when measured by mass and 250–530Wh/L (0.9–1.9kJ/cm3) when measured by volume.
- High output power: Depending on the electrode material, it may range from 300 to 1500 W/kg (at 20 seconds).
- No memory effect: The lithium Battery has no memory effect, is simple to use and maintain, and can be charged and drained whenever necessary without being discharged.
- Wide temperature range of operation: It can operate properly between -20°C and 60°C.
- Allow for quick charging and discharge
How does a Lithium Battery function in a Solar Energy Storage System?
A lithium battery is a rechargeable battery that mainly relies on lithium ions to move between the positive and negative electrodes. During the charging and discharging process, the Li+ intercalation is deintercalated between the two electrodes: in the rechargeable battery, Li+ is debited from the positive electrode and inserted into the negative electrode through the electrolyte, and the negative electrode is in a lithium-rich state; during the discharge process, then on the contrary. Materials using lithium as electrodes are representative of modern high-performance batteries.
Lithium batteries can efficiently store solar energy and ensure a reliable power supply.
Advantages of SAKO Lithium Batteries in Solar Energy Storage Systems
Here are some reasons why lithium batteries are a good choice for solar energy storage:
- lithium batteries have a longer lifespan than other types of batteries.
- lithium batteries can handle high temperatures.
- lithium batteries can be discharged quickly.
As solar energy storage systems continue to grow in popularity, it’s important to consider the benefits of using lithium batteries as part of the system.