Initially, the solar inverter was a power converter technology used to convert DC (direct current) power into AC (alternating current) power only. It does not produce electricity by itself but converts the existing DC power into AC power with an efficiency of over 90% . Various inverter models have been invented with their development over time, considering their connectivity capabilities and performance.
Currently, 4 types are most seen in the market: off-grid inverters, grid-tie inverters, hybrid inverters, and string inverters. The off-grid inverters only convert power from DC to AC without synchronizing power to grid levels, while the grid tie inverters  can convert DC power into AC power and supply that into the grid. The string inverters control an array of DC supplies like having a single inverter for several solar panels. The hybrid solar inverter  simultaneously accommodates grid connectivity, battery storage, and solar panel array.
This article will focus on the hybrid solar and some of its features. If you are still not clear about this type of inverter, or having trouble picking the right one, read on!
5 Factors that Determine a Good Hybrid Solar Inverter
We have summarized 5 merits any good hybrid solar inverter must have for your consideration and selection.
- Working efficiency
Efficiency is a fundamental factor in defining the performance of any machine, and one must install a high-quality sine wave hybrid solar inverter having an efficiency of 90-98% .
A quality hybrid solar inverter holds an efficiency of over 90% even while running at full load.
- Tracking capability
Good hybrid solar inverters should have tracking systems or devices that analyze the battery storage and track the power line to optimal decisions on the power supply.
Hybrid solar inverters have high-quality protection schemes against fault current, short circuits, and overload conditions.
- Management easiness
Qualified as they are, the inverters that are hard to managed and operated cannot be regarded as well designed. Only those with easy and accessible management system becomes the best inverters. A quality display screen that shows all running conditions with an easy-to-use input system makes a hybrid solar inverter perfect.
Are you looking for Best Hybrid Solar Inverter in town?
In the market, you will find hundreds of hybrid solar inverter models claiming to be the best among all, but they miss the critical factor of explaining what makes them best. In search of a quality hybrid solar inverter, we found SUNPOLO 8KW hybrid solar inverter, and we recommend this masterpiece if you are looking for a hybrid solar inverter for the following reasons.
- SUNPOLO 8KW hybrid solar inverter has a built-in dual MPPT tracker , making it 30% more charging efficient than a regular inverter. This 8kw hybrid inverter can run in both on-grid and off-grid phases.
- SUNPOLO 8KW hybrid solar inverter sustains 8kW of PV input and runs on full load at more than 90% efficiency.
- SUNPOLO 8KW hybrid solar inverter doesn’t require battery storage as a must since it directly supplies the PV-produced power into the grid, which gets used for the net metering purpose. Yet, you can still install batteries for building your storage system.
- A smart battery management system with a reserved communication port keeps the system updated about battery running conditions and status at any time.
- A perfect touchable screen showing input status from solar panels, battery status, input, and output status to grid line, and input status of power to the load. A touchable screen makes it very easy to read the data and control the device.
- There are various connectivity methods available in the SUNPOLO hybrid solar inverter, such as a USB port and RS232 for connectivity to another device, RS485  for point-to-point communication, and Wi-Fi making it a smart inverter by proving the status of the power system in your smartphones.
The standard inverter only allows you to utilize DC battery stored power for your installed AC loads, whereas a hybrid solar inverter is a smart device that doesn’t only allow you to save the energy in batteries but also supply power into the grid line for the net metering purpose. After a detailed analyzing the product SUNPOLO 8KW hybrid solar inverter of SAKO hybrid solar inverters, we highly recommend you install it if you are looking for an inverter that holds your power system between solar panels, battery storage, and grid perfectly.
References: Efficiency of Inverters. Available at:
https://www.e-education.psu.edu/eme812/node/738#:~:text=High%20quality%20sine%20wave%20inverters,efficiency%20depends%20on%20inverter%20load. (Accessed:22 July, 2022) Grid-tie inverter. Available at:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grid-tie_inverter (Accessed:22 July, 2022) Intelligent hybrid inverter.
Available at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intelligent_hybrid_inverter (Accessed:22 July, 2022) Efficiency of Inverters.
Available at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intelligent_hybrid_inverter (Accessed:22 July, 2022) What is Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT). Available at:
https://www.solar-electric.com/learning-center/mppt-solar-charge-controllers.html/ (Accessed:22 July, 2022) What is Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT). Available at:
https://www.solar-electric.com/learning-center/mppt-solar-charge-controllers.html/ (Accessed:22 July, 2022)